EMPIRE TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove the bandage 1 hour after application, do not rebandage
2. Wash the tattoo with mild anti-bacterial (soap such as Dial, Soft Soap)
3. Rinse and pat dry with a clean paper towel, and apply a thin coat of A&D Ointment or Aquaphor Ointment.
4. Continue to wash 3 to 4 times a day and re-apply ointment for the first 3 days
5. On day #4, begin use a fragrance free lotion such as Lubriderm or Eucerin. No fragrance lotions please or lanolin base lotions!
6. Do not soak the tattoo in a bathtub, swimming pool or Jacuzzi. You should restrict yourself from any recreational water activities, outdoor gardening, and contact with animals.
7. Do not let the sun dry out the tattoo, or get a sunburn on the affected area
8. In approx 1 week, the top layer of skin will begin to peel/flake, do not pick/scratch/or remove the skin. This is a normal process of healing
9. If you develop any signs/symptoms of infection, i.e.: redness, swelling, tenderness of the tattoo site, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, elevated temperature, or pus like drainage from the procedure site, please seek medical attention.
10. Proper care during the healing period of your tattoo will ensure the color and quality of the tattoo
11. If you have questions or concerns about the aftercare of your tattoo, please contact the studio/artist